Tuesday, August 27, 2013

No Motivation

Lately I have been feeling like I shouldn't have signed up for this half marathon in October. I have been running since Jan until now. I feel like I am honestly burnt out of running which is odd because I love running, but I guess I don't love it as much as I thought?

I went from one 12 week program to another 12 week program. I am only week 7 and I can tell you right now I am so close to throwing in the towel, but I can't and won't. Why? Because I have so many people pulling for me. I really don't want to disappoint.

It's really bad that I am actually looking forward to taking a "break" from running afterwards. I'll continue to run but it won't be more than 4 miles if that. I need time to relax and not worry about having to run.

I really wish I knew what was going through my head. I just know something needs to spark or its going to be a long 13.1 miles..

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to read this. I think everyone experiences feelings of burn out from time to time, but I'm surprised to hear of it with a race on the horizon. I hope you can find some fun and joy in this one so it's not such a drag. Good luck! No matter what, you're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am hoping to get out of this funk soon. It stinks feeling like this. Maybe I am just bored training alone that I dont have the motivation to keep going? Who knows. I need my running friends to be able to keep up with me. lol

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry :( half training can be intense but I know you're going to do a great job and rock the half :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...it is intense.. I am determined to do this just got to keep pushing through it.

      Delete
  3. You are doing great, but you are running A LOT. Maybe schedule yourself an extra rest day here and there. It's going to take a lot of mental adjustment since 13.1 is a new distance for you. It's my personal favorite, and I say that having never run all 13.1 YET...I'm getting there. You'll be amazing on October 6th, just give yourself a bit more grace in your training.

    ReplyDelete