Sunday, August 11, 2013

Half Marathon Training Recap: Week 4

After coming back from vacation on Sunday I wasn't sure how I was going to do this week. I had to get back into the swing of things with work and also my training.

Monday:

I woke up feeling completely exhausted still. I did a few push ups and sit ups just to do something even if it wasn't what I was suppose to do.

Tuesday:

I went for my 3.5 mile run. I decided I would hit the hilly part of the neighborhood just to do something a little different. I was doing fine until my neighbors dog decided to chase me when I was going out of the neighborhood. I had to stop running and walk a different way just to stop the dog from chasing me. My run went down hill from there. I felt very sluggish after that.

Wednesday:

I was going to go on my 2 mile run, but I woke up with a migraine and decided I really didn't want to make it worse trying to run. Since I have a 4 mile race on Saturday night so I might run the 2 miles that morning or on Sunday morning.

Thursday:

I decided I wanted to switch things up so I went to Little Mulberry Park in Auburn, GA to get a hill workout in. One loop around the lake is 2.2 miles. I decided once I got all the way around that I would go back the way I came then turn around when I got close to 3 miles. I probably could have ran the rest of it, but I wasn't wanting to push it too much.

I ended up running another 3 miles in the evening with the Big Peach Suwanee group. I love when I am able to make it. Running with others is so motivational to me. :)

Friday:

Rest day and carb overloading day!

Saturday:

Since my training schedule has me scheduled for a 5 mile this weekend and I am doing a 4 mile race later, I decided I would get up first thing in the morning and run a fast 1 mile. I knew since I have been doubling up my run days anyways that I wouldn't be tired come 9 PM.

My race went great! I honestly wish I still lived in that area so I could train there. It ended up raining a little bit on the course, but I didn't mind since it felt kind of refreshing. I ended up finishing around 35 minutes. I am not sure on the official time. I also ended up placing 2nd in my age group!

I'll have a race recap up sometime this week so be on the look out for that.

Sunday:

Since I wasn't able to run my 2 miles on Wednesday, I got out in the AM to run the 2 miles. My legs honestly didn't want to move at all. I got it done though! :-D


Week 4 is now complete. Next week is going to be a test, but I am ready to take it on full force. :)

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, working through it! Next week is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete