Sunday, September 1, 2013

Half Marathon Training Recap: Week 7

For whatever reason I just wasn't feeling it on week 6. I am hoping that week 7 is a lot better.

Monday:

After having a crappy week last week I wasn't sure how I was going to do starting off the new week of training. Luckily I kicked some major butt during my work out. I felt amazing afterwards. Three weeks in to this program and I can definitely tell a difference in some of the things you have to do.

Tuesday:

I decided that I would go to the park and run some hills. One loop around the lake is 2.2 miles. Perfect place to get my 4.5 miles in. I was feeling pretty good the first loop around. Second loop I wasn't feeling it. Normally I like to switch it up and go back the way I came when I get to the start area but today I kept going the way I had started. I pushed through it though. Glad I did. :)

Came home and relaxed for a little bit before starting T25 Speed 1.0. I am not sure where my energy came from but I nailed it. I was able to do all the moves with no stopping. It wasn't easy but I did it!! :)

Later in the evening my friend, Kat, and I decided to go for a run together. It was nice to run somewhere different. Ended up doing another 4 miles.

Wednesday:

Today was tough. T25 Lower Focus was strictly working on the lower part of my body. I really pushed myself to do everything that Shaun T and the crew did. Definitely an amazing cross training work out.

Thursday:

I decided I wouldn't run in the AM so I got started on T25 Cardio. Love walking away knowing I completely nailed the work out. :)

Friday:

Double day! Decided I would start off with T25's Total Body Circuit today. This is my least favorite. As much as I wanted to skip it I kept pushing myself through it.

Ab Intervals was up next. I felt like I gave it my all. I think the next time I had to do Ab Intervals on a double day I am going to get it over with first.

Saturday:

Since its a holiday weekend, I decided I would get my run in a day early. I waited a few hours after I got off work to get in my 7 miles. Surprisingly, I was faster than I had planned. I ended up getting a new PR in my training 10K. I also finished 7 miles in under an hour. A lot better than I did 2 years ago. :)


Sunday:

Rest day.


Week 7 was definitely a lot better than week 6. Here is to week 8 being even better.

2 comments:

  1. Glad 7 was a better week for you. In training I always have weeks that are better than others, and as much as I hate it I know it is all part of the process. Have a great week 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am really looking forward to week 8.

      Delete