Sunday, July 28, 2013

Half Marathon Training Recap: Week 2

Monday:

I wasn't able to get to the gym due to work but I did do a little Insanity at home. Something is better than nothing. :)

Tuesday:

I got up did 3 miles in the neighborhood. During the run I thought I was running a little slower than normal. but when I finished I looked at my avg pace and was surprised I was actually in a race pace. I'll take it. :)

Later in the evening I went down to Big Peach Suwanee to run with the running group. I decided I would only 3 miles. I didn't want to over do it. Plus it gave me a chance to demo some compression sleeves from Zensah. LOVE THEM! I didn't feel any spin pain in my left leg (I normally have some kind of shin split if I over do it).

Wednesday: 

I decided to switch it up. Instead of doing strength training on Thursday, I decided to do it on Wednesday. I did chest and back. After lifting I went up up to the treadmill to run my 2 miles. I felt great afterwards. I may actually keep my strength training days on Wednesdays instead of Thursdays.

Thursday:

Since I woke up with a headache, I was a little late getting out there to run my 3 miles.  Around 11:20, I crawled out of bed to go for a run. It wasn't a super fast run or a super slow run. I was pleased with my time and avg pace.

I was suppose to go for a run with the Big Peach group, but I decided to skip the second run of the day. I just wasn't feeling it.

Friday:

Off Day! :) I love this day.

Saturday:

I had to work today so I basically did my cross training at work. Walking is considered cross training, right? If so, then cool. If not, well, nothing I can do now.

Sunday:

I really didn't want to get out there to run 4 miles. I was still really tired from having to work on Saturday. I did get out there though. I can't say it was an easy one or even fun one, but I got it done. That's all that matters right?


--------------------------

Week 2 was much better than week 1. Week 3 is going to be a little crazy. I am going to be out of town starting on Wednesday so I am probably going to be switching up a few things. I am going to try my best not to miss a run day.

1 comment: