Monday, July 22, 2013

Half Marathon Training Recap: Week 1

Monday:

I was suppose to go to the gym to work on my strength training, but after a weekend at the lake I was still completely drained. So I skipped my work out.

Tuesday:

I woke up not really wanting to go for a run, but I knew once I got out there I would feel a lot better. I did my 3 miles. It was a bit humid out but I lived and definitely felt better afterwards. :)

Wednesday:

Instead of running 2 miles or doing something else, I decided I would go to the gym to lift weights. I guess you can say I was making up for Monday.

Thursday:

I had 3 miles scheduled. Normally, I would just run outside but I decided I wanted to do something different. I headed off to the gym to get my run in. Instead of dong the 3 miles, I decided I needed to go ahead and complete my Running Mad virtual 10K run. I did 6.2 miles in 54 min. I was proud I didn't even stop on the treadmill. I didn't even slow own the speed. I actually upped it to 7.5 for the last bit of my run. I also was planning on going to the group run in Suwanee in the evening to run another 3 miles, but I decided to stay home since I was feeling a bit sore from lifting the day before.

Friday:

Rest Day! :)

Saturday:

Since I had a wedding to go to that day, I decided I would only do my ab work out, which is part of the 30 Day AB Challenge.

Sunday:

I woke up not wanting to really run my 4 miles, but after fighting with myself for a few minutes I finally got out the door. It was a hot one, but I am glad I got out there.


---------------

Week 1 of my half marathon training is complete. I am hoping I will get back into the training groove soon. It seems after the Peachtree I just haven't felt like training.



2 comments:

  1. Getting that first week done is huge! The subsequent weeks will be easier (at least as far as motivation is concerned). I'm sorry you haven't felt much like running, but I'm sure it will come back as you train, and also as it starts getting a little cooler for fall. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am sure I will get back into my running soon. I am needing a little mini-vacation so maybe once I get that I can really focus on my training.

      Delete