Saturday, March 23, 2013

Atlanta Women's 5k Canceled

This morning I was suppose to run in the Atlanta Women's 5k. When we got there it was barely raining, but after I got my number the rain got harder and then came the thunder and lightning. They told us to go to our cars and follow their FB or Twitter. Unfortunately the storm didn't let up and they had to call the race. I was super bummed. I was excited to run this course for the 3rd time and to also calm that 16th 5k. I was also going to meet up with some Twitter friends. Maybe at another race?

So since I was starving I headed off to Chick-fil-a to get some breakfast. I also decided that I was going to run that 5k at the gym on the TM.

I set no PR on the TM, but I did have a great run. I also beat my time from Sundays run. :)

Distance: 3.1 miles

Time: 26:40

Pace: 8'35"

I'd say that wasn't too bad on the TM. I do wonder what it would have been if I had actually ran the race course.

My next race isn't until April 27th. :( Maybe I can find another race to try and run before then.

The bib I should have gotten to wear today at Candler Park

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your race got cancelled. Great job knocking it out on the treadmill though. War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete