Friday, March 22, 2013

I Did It!

Ha, I wasn't really thinking of doing a 10k yesterday morning, but I did it anyways. I pushed through it. Granted my legs hated me afterwards though.

I am glad I did it. For two reasons. One is because I signed up for the virtual Jelly Bean 5k and 10k run. Two because I really need to start getting back up there in miles if I want to even consider doing that Half Marathon in October.

I wasn't able to beat my Peachtree Road Race 10k time from last year, but I did complete it in under an hour. I am super happy. :)

Here's the details of it:

Distance: 6.2 miles

Time: 58:22

Pace: 9'24"

I know my pace needs to be higher than that. Actually normally it is, but yesterday I was having trouble getting into my run. It happens. I've been running for a few years now so I know I will have those days of kicking butt or just sucking.

I also have to take into consideration that I ran that on a treadmill. Imagine me being in the outdoors. I am much faster or so it feels like.

Hopefully this weather will quit being so bi-polar so I am able to get out there and run at the local parks soon. :)

That is all for now. I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment