Monday, August 13, 2012

Introduction

In 2005, I got the bright idea that I was going to participate in my first ever 10k race and not just any race..  The AJC Peachtree Road Race. This race at the time had around 50,000 to 55,000 participates. Crazy! Since that year I have participated 6 more times. Each year has gotten better and better.

Along with doing 10k's, I have participated in eleven 5k's. I laugh because I only do one 10k a year and that is the Peachtree. Maybe and hopefully soon, I will do another 10k other than the Peachtree. 

"Will you ever go for a half or full marathon?" The answer is: I don't think I'll ever do a full, but I will eventually do a half. I want to finish one here in my home state (Georgia) and then hopefully go run a Disney Half.

When I am not running I am usually at the gym lifting weights. Although running helps you, do need to add some weights in there on your non running days. I try to go at least 2 or 3 times a week.


Like I mentioned in the previous post, I would like to be able share my runs/races, goals, and work out routines for others. I find reading about someone else's accomplishments helps me stay motivated to go out and meet my own goals that I have set for myself.

Within the next week or so, I will beginning the 60 day work out of Insanity. I will be keeping track of my progress on here and maybe posting pictures. Even though I will be busy working out 6 days a week, I will still find time to go on some runs even if they have to be short. I can't stop running...ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment