Monday, October 17, 2016

Marathon Training: Week 1

Marathon training has officially kicked off. This week was like any other run that I have been doing all summer.

Monday - weights in the gym. As a personal trainer, I know the importance of cross training, so I am making sure I stay on top of that. It shouldn't be a problem since the gym is my second home. Today, I did my normal routine. Biceps, triceps, and abs.

Tuesday - Nice chilly 4 mile run at the local park. Felt great to finally have a break from the heat.

Wednesday - Leg, shoulder, and ab day. Probably one of my favorite gym days. I know I am a bit weird.

Thursday - I was supposed to have a speed drill day, but it never happened. No worries.

Friday - Chest, back, and abs day at the gym. Great work out. I love pushing myself. After the gym, I went to the park and did a 2-mile run. I wanted to keep going but just couldn't.

Saturday - No run. Took it easy.

Sunday - Got up and run 10 miles with a friend. My normal running group was in Michigan running a half marathon up there. I had a great run. Got a little warm towards the end of it, but over all good run.





That's the end of my first week. As I mentioned above, this week was like any other week for me. I don't think training will hit me until I hit the higher miles in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment