Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Half Marathon Training: Week 9

Week 9 is complete. Hard to believe I have 3 weeks until the Publix Half. CRAZY!!!


Sunday- Today marks one month until the Publix Half. I was scheduled to run 9 but honestly didn't have that in me. So I decided I would do 6.5 hilly miles.


Monday - T25 Beta Dynamic Core....killer. On Sunday, my best friend sent me a work out program that she was going to start so to help keep her motivated (even states away) I decided I would also do it. Tons of leg stuff along with another round of core stuff. I love switching things up a bit. Pushing my body to do something it isn't use to doing.

Tuesday - Even though I woke up with a headache, I got up and got my work out in. Day 2 of helping my friend stay motivated. :) Woke up a little sore this morning in areas that obviously haven't gotten a good work out in a while.

After the killer work out, I went for an easy 2 mile run.

Wednesday - I feel like a slacker. :( I was suppose to do 3 miles last night at my group run, but I ended up staying home due to a migraine. I woke up with it this morning as well. Sucks when it doesn't go away. Anyways, headache or not I got up and did day 3 of the Recreating You work out that my best friend and I are doing together. I am really starting to hate squats, lol. If the weather changes (its kind of rainy out right now) I may try and get that 3 mile run in today. It will also depend on if my head is done pounding.

Thursday - Woke up this morning feeling refreshed. I didn't waste any time getting up and getting my work out over with. I decided I would start off with day 4 of Recreating You just to get that over with. After finishing that I put on my winter running clothes and took off to run 5 miles in the neighborhood. I have to say that had to be most boring run. I felt like it was taking forever. Probably didn't help that my legs are still a little sore from doing the squats the other day. I wanted to quit about halfway through but I knew that wasn't an option.

Friday - Last day of the week doing the Recreating You work out. :)


Saturday - Stretched some after working. Also registered for my 10th Peachtree Road Race!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment