Friday, January 10, 2014

Half Marathon Training: Week 1

Since I was on a mission to hit 600 miles before the end of 2013, I knew I needed to work on my mileage and quick. So for the last 2.5 weeks I have been working my butt off with running just so I could reach my goal. I finally did it on the 30th when I went for my last short run before the end of 2013. :)

Now that I had reached that goal, I could officially begin training for my second half marathon.

Sunday (12/29) - I got up and went on a 4 mile run on the treadmill. I don't really remember what the weather was like on this day, but I obviously had my reasons as to why I was running indoors instead of outside.

Monday (12/30) - Quick 2 mile run in the neighborhood to reach my 600 miles in 2013.

Tuesday - Off day since I was running a 5K on the New Years Day.

Wednesday - 5K run at the ATC Resolution Run. Placed 2nd in my age group with a time of 26:14. Not a bad way to start the new year.

Thursday - Rest day

Friday - I was going to go for a 3 or 4 mile run, but I woke up really sick so I had to cancel all plans and pray I would get over this crap fast.

Saturday - Still sick. Slept.... A LOT.


No comments:

Post a Comment