Friday, January 11, 2013

Today was better

I was suppose to run outside this morning but since it was raining I decided that maybe I would just run tomorrow. Ha! Who am I kidding? I get so guilty when I know I am suppose to run but don't. So I spent a good part of the day being lazy. Hey, I sort of had an excuse (lol). I was off work today and it was raining. At around 6 PM, I decided I was going to go run at the gym. I told myself on the way over there just do 2 miles. Well, 2 miles is just what I did except this time I actually felt great even with the speed up to 7.2 or 7.5 at times. I wasn't having to stop and take water breaks. I am slowly getting back into the groove. WooHoo!

Here are my stats from my NikePlus App:

Miles 2.01

Time: 18:06

Pace: 8'59"


I am happy to see my pace in the 8 min range even if it was almost 9.

I may try and get out there on Sunday to get another 2 maybe 3 miles in. We shall see. The weekends are hard for me since I just want to be lazy.

I have also decided I may end up doing the Hearts and Soles 5k on Feb 9th, 2013. I get in free since I am a Atlanta Track Club member. BUT I may go ahead and start back on Insanity and do that race without training like I did the Ella's Run 5k back in October. It's just a thought though. If I do this one without training the other two races I have planned out will involve training and Insanity. I know I am crazy, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment