Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ella's Run 5k

So today I participated in Right to Hike's Ella's Run 5k. I ran in this race last year and even though I had fun, I knew what to expect...... HILLS! Not just your normal hills. I would go up a hill and turn around and go up an even longer hill. LOL! Oh, and some of it was a trail too. I really think that slows you down especially when you start off on pavement and then go to gravel/dirt and then back to pavement. Or maybe I am just a picky runner. Anyways, I don't have my official time yet, but my Nike + app said I finished around 29 min. This is about the same time that I finished last year.

Like all my other races I stayed and waited on the awards. It came to my age group and I was already thinking that I hadn't placed. I know I have such confidence in myself.

My age group 25 to 29 was called....

Third place person was named..

Then came the second place person...

Which happened to be ME!! OMG, I actually placed in a race! I mean, I know this race wasn't as big as some of the other races that I normally do, but still. I am still in shock that I placed.

I have 2 weeks to get ready for my Run Like Hell 5k in Oakland Cemetery. I hope I do well in this race as well. I know this one will be a tad bigger so I will have to run super fast. :)

Here is a picture of me after completing Ella's Run:


No comments:

Post a Comment