Wednesday, July 1, 2015

2015 GA Publix Half Recap

Second half marathon of 2015. I've been excited about this since registration in 2014.


Flat Ramona ready for the Publix Half.


They started predicting rain a few days before the race. I was hoping it wouldn't do anything until after, but, unfortunately, Mother Nature had other plans.

I got to the race 45 minutes before the start. Spent that time getting my headphones, phone, and gels ready to put in my FlipBelt.

A friend found me about 15 minutes before the started and handed me a trash bag to use while waiting in my corral. Thank goodness for that. Kept me dry until it was time to start.

Even though I am not a fan of running in the rain, it felt fantastic out there. The first half of the race went by pretty quick. It wasn't  raining so that helped. I did have to keep my eye on the puddles in Atlanta since I didn't want to get my feet drenched before I was even half-way through.

The crowd support was incredible despite the weather. So thankful for that.

Before I knew it, I was more than half way. The rain started to pick up a little bit around Piedmont Park but wasn't enough to slow me down. I kept gone going.

Between GT and Centennial Park, I was getting tired. I knew I wasn't going to PR. So I told my myself to push for a course PR. I did just that. I finished with a time of 2:05. Course PR. Last year's time was 2:09.

No comments:

Post a Comment