Wednesday, February 11, 2015

I did it!

Last week I was suppose to run my last long run before going to Disney, but my body had other plans. The week before M was sick so I guess he passed the head cold to me. Not what I needed. It's weird. Normally when either of us is sick, the other one doesn't get it. The one time I do not have time to get sick, I get it. What the heck is up with that? Luckily, I kicked it within a week even though I felt like I was dying (no, not literally) during the week.

On Sunday, I decided to take it easy and go for a short 2 mile run. The run was okay. Most of my friends would have said I was running fast, but I didn't feel like I was. I felt so drained. But I knew that was probably going to be the case. I am just glad I decided only to run 2 miles.

Tuesday, I decided I would give 5 miles a go. Same thing happened, I felt sluggish and still drained of energy. I was starting to think I wasn't going to be able to run 10 miles. A few friends reassured me that I would be able to run the 10K and Princess with no problems seeing how I had already run 9 miles a few weeks back.

Today rolls around and I decided I was going to give the 10 miles a try. First 4 miles wasn't bad. I didn't feel tired, but the last 6 was a fight. I got to 8 and decided I could get 2 more miles. I did it! I feel better now knowing I hit my 10 miles (I usually try and do that for each half I train for). Now it's taper time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment