Monday, April 6, 2015

2014 AJC Peachtree Road Race Recap

I am just now getting to this oneBetter late than neverright?

This Peachtree was a special one for me. It was my 10th time running it without missing a year. I had been looking forward to it since last years race.

After a humid first half of the week, I was worried that race day was going to be badLuckilyit wasn't. I wouldn't say it was perfect running weather but it's darn close to it especially for a July race.

Since this my 10th race, Mike decided he was going to come to the race and be at the finish line waiting for me.




Flat Ramona is ready to rock the Peachtree Road Race

The race day started pretty early for us. Met Kat and Eric at one of the Marta stations so we could get a mile warm up in before running 6.2 miles down Peachtree Street.

After our quick mile jog down to the corrals, we stopped for a picture before we each went our separate ways until after the race.


Before I knew itwas slowly making my way to the start line where I would be starting my 10th PRR.



I was so excited to get started. This is one of my favorite races to do even though I am not  racing anyone except for myself.

This particular race goes by fast for me. The crowd support is amazing. One of the best out there.


Running down 10 street almost to the finish line.

After the race, I met up with some of my running friends from the Suwanee Big Peach Running group for a quick photo.


Then I met up with Jen and Brandi for a quick photo and since I had not received my medal yet,  Jen was kind enough to let me get a photo with it on.




Here is the finisher's shirt that every participate receives. I love not knowing what design won until I open up my race bag and see the shirt after the race.


Here's a close up of the commemorative medal that you can order or buy at the expo.



Peachtree Road Race #11 will be here before I know. I am excited to run it again this year. I'll also get to see my Mom finish her 10th.



No comments:

Post a Comment